Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, October 08, 2007

The Various Permutations of the Trickster

Important things are happening. They appear slight, but that is the nature of this world. Saturday my friend,Pat, bless his heart, brought me coffee. We sat, drinking coffee and talked about the week we had. I read him my poem about many regrets. He had written a poem, a poem about me. It talked of beautiful flowers and a dark room under the staircase. What is the thing about the dark room, Patrick? It is you, you know how you are.
NO. I. Don't. know. how I am. I am a mystery to myself. That has been a life long task, trying to understand myself. I am mostly baffled, that I know. What we have here is a failure to understand, beyond that comes acceptance. I can't even get to the starting point, much less run the race. You tell me what the dark room is, Patrick. Don't pop a trick on me and walk away.
Speaking of tricks, another friend is doing something. I speak metaphor, gentle reader. Gave me a flower seed to plant. The ground is hard and rocky. Not enough sunlight. Needs a special fertilizer. Difficult to care for, needs ingenuity, tons of patience and the right attitude. Slim chance of of survival, much less thriving. However, the flower is exotic and absolutely stunning. Its' perfume, exquisite. A rare, precious delight. The problem, once again is the gardener. I am the ground, hard and rocky. I am the sunlight, lacking. I am the fertilizer and the various limitations. I am the flower, dear reader. What a tricky friend I have. This was done to me before. It seems I am always getting tricked into growing. I have been marvelously tricked so many times, it makes me believe in the reality of the Magical, Mysterious Tendency.

For me to speak of this, indicates one thing. It is Reform Day! Yeay, Reform Day. I have started out right. I got plenty of sleep (perhaps too much). I got up and made oatmeal, which I plan to eat shortly. Made coffee for the jumpstart. And I made a list of tasks that I need to accomplish today. It's Reform Day and I'm going to do it right, this time.
First on the list is writing. Gotta work on that story. I have been slacking on the story, but it is cooking and Oh, what a marvelous mindfruck it will be.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.