Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Pure Fool

If you ever get the chance to look into the significance of the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck, notice that the first card is "The Fool". In the Crowley deck, the fools' card is number zero, the Magician is number one. You probably wonder why I am bringing this up, my resourceful questioners. Aren't you? You are thinking, now what is that Roberto up to with this delicious tidbit of unformation? (Did I just by mistake or brilliance coin a new word? Unformation?) Well, there is a good reason for me to bring this up and it has something to do with the series of stories that I am currently plaguing you with. I have a new story idea that came to me last night and I am very exited about it.
I seem to be fascinated with the archetype of the "pure fool". Why, I don't exactly know. He is common in folktales, comedy acts and myths. Something about him screwing everything up, but in the end, saving the day has fascinated humans for a long time.
It is the pure fool that in the Tarot deck holds the highest position. The Magician, he who commands the Universe, as A. Crowley points out, is only, in the end, himself. The pure fool is universal. There is magic in foolishness, ask any clown.
My next story will also feature "the pure fool" and maybe that will put this to rest and we can got on to something truly useless. Thanks for checking in, my precious profundities. Ta-ta.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.