Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, October 08, 2007

The Suchness of Lannee Prochaine (Part 3)

If there was any doubt, after the first week, it evaporated. This guy, Lannee, is a moron. An imbecile. A dummy. A retard. We got it totally wrong, about him. No need to worry, he is no threat. I have never been so bored,as doing surveillance on him. It is like watching rocks being rocks. He sleeps, eats, spends his time doing nothing and then does it again, the next day. Nothing going on in his head. No thoughts, except the basics; keep the heart beating, lungs breathing, check core temperature, make adjustments. No higher thought, period, at all. Even plants do more thinking than him. What does he do all day, let me bore the ways. He squats under a cedar tree, expressionless and unthinking. Then he goes for a walk. He collects trash. Brings it back by the armload. Carefully arranges it in a neat pile, with other trash collected days before and then, back under the cedar tree. Then another walk, more trash. More arranging. Squatting, walking, collecting, arranging. Oh, goes inside at night, eats and goes to bed. Wakes up in the morning, same time, eats breakfast and it is off to the cedar. Day after day after day, on and on and on. Rain or shine. Oh, once a week the town maintenance guys get the trash and he seems not to notice. He starts over on the pile.
I told this to Satan, who just left, agitated. I am making a note of the meeting right now, got to keep the dots and slashes in the proper place. "That is the most dangerous man alive." Auugh, Satan is behind me. I spin around. "Sir, you just left!" He is livid, eyes blazing. "Don't be a fool, time is not a limit. We are in terrible danger of a catastrophe of monumental proportions, if we don't act with the utmost care." He crooked his finger against his lips and squinted. Must be thinking, I was thinking. He disappeared again. I was getting dizzy. Just as I reach for the logbook, he reappears. That devil gets around. "I just conferred with Lucifer, he thinks this is him." I didn't know what to say. Finally I was able to squeeze out a short question: "Sir?" Profound, yes? Lannee the Lump some kind of threat? Impossible, I thought. Satans' head snapped in my direction. "Impossible?"
Before I could say "zip", we were standing about twenty feet from Lannee, just outside the overhanging limbs of the cedar. " Watch him carefully." Satan whispered, overly dramatic, I thought. Uh, then I remembered the mind reading. Sorry, Sir. I apologized silently. I looked at The Lump--- same same. "You see his left foot? He is turning it slowly towards us. He knows we are here." What? "Yes, that's clever. He is not afraid of us. He is letting us know." What? What? I was still whating when he whisked us back to my office. "It is good that you question, it shows you are beginning to grasp the severity of the situation. However, you must trust Lucifer's feeling on this matter. And mine too, I might add. Let's talk this over."

I suppose I should tell you some things about Lucifer and Satan. But that is for another day----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch your left foot!

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.