Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, October 05, 2007

the Suchness of Lannee Prochaine {part 2)

Lannee Prochaine was born Annee Prochaine and within three months suffered a conversion. A member began to grow and a couple of Christmas ornaments, so to say, under the branch. On her birth certificate an "L" was added to her name and the "F", denoting gender, was replaced with an "M". She became a he and this was perhaps the first of a long run of confusions.
Satan was absorbing the meager file. "It doesn't make sense." I couldn't agree more. In all aspects Lannee Prochaine was more (or less) than unsuitable as a Change Agent. Jesus had received extensive Essene training as a child and in his twenties studied under Tibetan Monks. Siddartha was extremely well educated and with that nimble mind had caused us nothing but problems. Muhammed, the last of the Change Agents was the exception. I pointed this out to Satan, happy to add something to the brain storming. "Muhammed started out as an illiterate camel driver. An average Human at best." I noted. Satan looked at me thoughtfully. He was nodding his head slightly. "Perhaps we are seeing a trend." He closed his eyes in thought, steepling his manicured fingers before him. My head bobbed eagerly in agreement and I nearly began babbling about trends. Thankfully I was able to catch myself in time and composed my features to look as thoughtful as Satan. "We can't afford to make the same mistakes as with Mohammed. Still---" He paused. "This is either brilliance or utter madness." Satan arched his back and looking up, exhaled forcefully. I straightened my back in turn. "I tend to think madness, considering what we have witnessed this past eon. However, just in case, we must be vigilant. I will confer with Lucifer and you--" Satan looked at me gravely, placing his left hand on my shoulder, "You are my devil on the ground. Keep me fully informed." With that he rose abruptly and vanished.
I'm sure the promotion helped, but it was the memory of his hand on my shoulder that put the swagger into my step. My case load dropped from 1500 to one. Lannee Prochaine, the sleeper Change Agent would get my full scrutiny. I had been given a staff with three demons at my command. One was a high level mind reader, another a space bender. The third a spotter that would send me visual updates on Lannees' comings and goings.
Within a week, I was bored nearly to tears.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.