Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Woman and the Fire Bush

A woman noticed a remarkable bush growing near the trail she walked when she felt well enough to walk. She had been sick for over a year with a painful and debilitating illness, that doctors were unable to name nor cure. The little bush had beautiful, shimmering leaves and she began looking forward to her walks, making an extra effort so as to admire the remarkable plant. After a month, she realized that she was feeling a tiny little better and had been able to walk daily and that just by being near the bush, she returned home with more energy and peace of mind.
She brought a folding chair to that place and would spend time with the bush. Gradually, she felt better and better. She was convinced that the plant had some kind of curative power and that it was of great help to her.
She decided to take the plant home with her. One day, when she felt strong enough, she dug the little bush up, carefully, so as not to harm the roots and carried it home. She planted it next to her patio. It was, though small, a beauty-full addition to her yard.She was enchanted by its' shimmering, nearly irridescent plumage of red-tinged green leaves. With the bush in her yard, she spent more time with it and improved faster still. Within a month she felt well enough to go out, be with her friends and even work a little. It was a miracle!
As she recovered, the little bush became sick. It lost the sheen on it's leaves and began to droop. She had neglected the bush and didn't give it what it needed to adapt and grow. One day she realized that it had died.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.